A Corona, California girl serving a life sentence for serving to homicide her mom in 2001 was charged with main a bunch that defrauded the state out of tens of millions in unemployment insurance coverage advantages,.
The Department of Justice charged 13 defendants, 5 of whom have been arrested, for the scheme to make use of stolen identities and defraud California, out of $2 million, largely in pandemic-related unemployment reduction, and largely within the second half of 2020. The indictment prices all defendants with conspiracy to commit wire fraud and financial institution fraud, which might carry a most sentence of 30 years of jail.
According to the indictment, they’re alleged to have dedicated 150 “overt acts” together with stealing private figuring out info, a few of which was given to them by a jail official working for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. The official stays unnamed.
Many of the defendants have been charged with 31 counts of financial institution fraud and 7 counts of aggravated id theft counts.
Each depend of aggravated id theft carries a compulsory two-year consecutive sentence.
According to the DOJ, Natalie Le Demola, 37, who has been serving a life sentence for the homicide of her mom since her conviction in 2005, supposedly led the ring which included her shut pal, 32-year-old parolee Neosha Plummer.
According to the indictment, the group used the names, delivery dates and Social Security numbers of people that weren’t eligible for unemployment advantages.
The defendants, other than Demola and Plummer, listed within the indictment are:
- Khanshanda King, 31, of Los Angeles, who remains to be being sought;
- Cleshay Johnson II, 28, of Los Angeles, who remains to be being sought;
- James Antonio Johnson, who has a number of aliases together with “Big Dawg Niddy,” 31, of Los Angeles, who’s at the moment in custody in a Los Angeles County jail;
- Felicite Aleisha King, 41, of Los Angeles, who remains to be being sought;
- Shafequah Lynete Mitchell, 33, of Los Angeles, who’s at the moment touring outdoors of California;
- Loresha Shamone Davis, 31, of Moreno Valley, who was arrested at this time;
- Porsha Latrice Johnson, 32, of Lynwood, who was arrested at this time;
- Donisha Lashawn Pace, 38, of South Los Angeles, who was arrested at this time;
- Dominique Charmone Martin, 37, of Yucaipa, who remains to be being sought;
- Mykara Destiny Robertson, 23, of Los Angeles, who remains to be being sought; and
- Amber Jane Wade, 34, of Palmdale, who was arrested at this time.
Authorities arrested six defendants: Plummer, Antonio Johnson, Latrice Johnson, Pace and Wade