The battle in opposition to youth homelessness oftentimes appears like an invisible conflict. We see adults generally wandering the streets in makeshift households, on the trail to survival and, ideally, long-term assist and entry to shelter. Rarely, nevertheless, will we see youngsters on those self same streets, as numerous circumstances of homeless people underneath the age of eighteen go untracked and unreported. In Alaska, we hope which means they’ve discovered assist in the type of Covenant House or different organizations. Oftentimes, nevertheless, it might merely imply they’re doing no matter it takes to outlive.
On this episode of Hometown, Alaska, Zoryna Lealai, a youth advocate for the Anchorage Youth Task Force, and Julia Terry, co-director of the group Choosing Our Roots, might be becoming a member of the dialogue on exposing and combating youth homelessness, whereas offering a really private perspective on the difficulty. What organizations are on the market shedding mild on, and actively participating in, the combating in opposition to youth homelessness?
HOST: Justin Williams
- Call 550-8433 (Anchorage) or 1-888-353-5752 (statewide) through the reside broadcast (10-11 a.m.)
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org earlier than, throughout or after the reside broadcast (E-mails could also be learn on air).
- Post your remark or query under (Comments could also be learn on air).
- LIVE: Monday, May 9, 2022 at 10 a.m.
- RE-AIR: Monday, May 9, 2022 at 8 p.m.
- PODCAST: Available on this web page after this system.